If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature… (2 Corinthians 5:17a)
There is only One place in the Scriptures where One Little Word puts us «In God» and «In Christ» in the Here and Now; Every other Promise is for the future, based on some action! Only One Promise is for the Here and Now and can be received instantly… It is Our New Birth through Baptism!!!
Jesus said, «Baptizing them In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.» This happens the very moment we are immersed in the water… At that moment we are «In Them» and «They In Us». No where else in Scripture is there an «In» like this. 🙂
It is like a Tea bag being immersed in hot water – The Tea and the water become One – There is No Way the two can ever be separated again!
No other action brings instant results like Baptism does. There is only One Way for One Miracle to happen here and now. Baptism sets us on «The Way Home»!
If You are NOT «IN», you are OUT of Step with God and Jesus… We will not have the Closeness or the Assurance that comes from being «In Christ». Our «Prayer Language» will not come because it is the Spirit that prays from within us – If He is Not in us, how can He pray through us?
When We are in Them, They are In us! Our Body becomes the «Temple of God» and the «House of Christ»! We are blended into One New Creature, capable of a New Life and a New Language. God’s Promises instantly fulfilled in the Now!
Everything Christ has set before us to do is for our own benefit. He has already made it safely home to Heaven and He has shown us how to get there too! …Butt, If you are Not In Him, how can you expect to be with Him at the Resurrection?
We will meet Him in the air, if He is IN us to raise us up. Jesus comes for us – He knows His Own, for we have spent time with Him from our Baptism, when we were placed IN Him and He IN us! We are One and God is One with us all!
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost – Christ’s own Spirit – Sent to us only after His Crucifixion and Resurrection. He had to Die to give His Spirit to us, so we could live.
Jesus Himself was Baptized as His First Step on His Journey Homeward – Can we do any less???
John was «A Man Sent from God»! That is enough for us – How about you???
The Sadducees rejected the Council of God against Themselves; NOT being Baptized with the Baptism of John. It cost them their own Salvation, and The Kingdom of Christ; their Nation was destroyed and left desolate – The Kingdom was given to a Nation «Bringing forth Fruit» – We, the Gentiles, are those who bring forth fruit, IF we are Baptized…
Once we are Baptized then ALL the Promises «IN, BY, and THROUGH» HIM – CHRIST – belong to US!!!
Here is a very short list:
- I am complete in Him Who is the Head of all principality and power
- I am alive with Christ
- I am free from the law of sin and death
- I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me
- I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me
(1 John 5:18).
- I am holy and without blame before Him in love
(Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:16).
- I have the mind of Christ
(1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).
- I have the peace of God that passes all understanding
- I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world
(1 John 4:4).
- I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ
- I have received the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my understanding being enlightened
- I have received the power of the Holy Ghost to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, to cast out demons, to speak with new tongues. I have power over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm me
(Mark 16:17,18; Luke 10:17,19).
- I have put off the old man and have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of Him Who created me
- I have given, and it is given to me; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, men give into my bosom (Luke 6:38).
- I have no lack for my God supplies all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus
- I can quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one with my shield of faith
- I can do all things through Christ Jesus
- I show forth the praises of God Who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light
(1 Peter 2:9).
- I am God’s child—for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God, which lives and abides forever
(1 Peter 1:23).
- I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works
- I am a new creature in Christ
(2 Corinthians 5:17).
- I am a spirit being—alive to God
(Romans 6:11;1 Thessalonians 5:23).
- I am a believer, and the light of the Gospel shines in my mind
(2 Corinthians 4:4).
- I am a doer of the Word and blessed in my actions
(James 1:22, 25).
- I am a joint-heir with Christ
- I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me
- I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony
- I am a partaker of His divine nature
(2 Peter 1:3,4).
- I am an ambassador for Christ
(2 Corinthians 5:20).
- I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people
(1 Peter 2:9).
- I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ
(2 Corinthians 5:21).
- I am the temple of the Holy Ghost; I am not my own
(1 Corinthians 6:19).
- I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath
- I am the light of the world
- I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and long-suffering
(Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).
- I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood
- I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom
- I am redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty
(Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13).
- I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude
- I am called of God to be the voice of His praise
(Psalm 66:8; 2 Timothy 1:9).
- I am healed by the stripes of Jesus
(Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24).
- I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places
(Ephesians 2:6; Colossians 2:12;).
- I am greatly loved by God
(Romans 1:7; Ephesians 2:4; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4).
- I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power
- I am submitted to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus
- I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind
(2 Timothy 1:7).
- It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me